Certificate in Managing Agent Practice
Module 2 - Application of BMSMA
Lecture 1 - Introduction to BMSMA
- Previous amendments to BMSMA
- Current amendments to BMSMA (2017)
- Share value
- Accessory lot
- Common property
Lecture 2 – Stakeholders (Part I)
- Management Corporation (MC) / Sub MC
- Council of MC / Sub MC
Lecture 3 – Stakeholders (Part II)
- Subsidiary proprietor
- Managing agent
- Commissioner of Buildings
Lecture 4 – Operation and Maintenance Matters (Part I)
- Convene and Conduct First AGM and AGM
- Motion of AGM, Service of Notice, Period of Notice, Presiding of Meeting, Quorum, Proxy, Voting, Deemed Day, Election of Council, Adjournment of AGM
- Convene and conduct of EOGM, Council Meeting, display of Notices/minutes
- Council Meeting
Lecture 5 - Operation and Maintenance Matters (Part II)
- Type of Resolutions
- Determine Management Fund (MF), Sinking Fund (SF) and Special Levy (SL)
- Use of Management Fund and Sinking Fund
- Recovery of contributions
- Strata Roll
Lecture 6 - Operation and Maintenance Matters (Part III)
- Prescribed By-law / Additional By-law
- House rules
- Strata Titles Board - types of disputes
Module 3 - Building Services and Maintenance
Lecture 1 Cleaning & Waste Management
Lecture 2 Pest Control Services
Lecture 3 Landscape Services
Lecture 4 Security Services & Systems
Building Facilities (Mechanical)
Lecture 5 Water Supply & Sanitary Plumbing Systems
Lecture 6 Swimming Pool Maintenance Services
Lecture 7 Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Systems
Lecture 8 Fire Protection Systems
Building Facilities (Electrical)
Lecture 9 Electrical Systems
Lecture 10 Lift & Escalator Maintenance
Lecture 11 Water Seepage, Spalling Concrete
Lecture 12 Safety of External Features & Other Building Defects
Module 4 - Communication And Office Administration
- Handling feedback and effective communication skills
- Mediation and conflict resolution techniques
- Resolving Management Corporation Disputes through Tribunals and Courts
- Setting up Management Office
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Tender and contract administration
- Financial management and control
Certificate in Managing Agent Practice (TGS-2020502735)
Former Course Reference No. CRS-N-0050598
This course is formerly known as Managing Agent Accreditation Scheme Upon your registration of the course, you may commence with any of the 3 modules.
This means you may commence with, say Module 3, followed by Module 4 and completing with Module 2.
It is not necessary for you to commence with Module 2, 3 and 4 in sequence. However, please note that you will have up to 90 days to complete each module you have selected.
Each module will include MCQ assessment tests, an optional revision class and a date for compulsory class assessment examination.
Please note that you are only allowed to take a one-time retest for each module. Upon failure at the retest, you will need to attend the full training before taking the examination again.
Extension of Module It is important that you note the 90 days period to complete each module you have registered.
You will be alerted twice by our system (10 remaining days and 5 remaining days) before the due date for the completion of the module. When you are at the last remaining 5 days stage, you must quickly extend the module if you are unable to complete the module on time. You will be allowed to extend for a further 2 weeks from the expiry date to complete the module.
However, SISV Academy will charge an administrative fee of SGD$20 (excluding GST) for every 2 weeks request for the extension
If you failed to request for the extension of time, you will be automatically logged-out of the system upon expiration of the 90 days period for the module.
Once you are logged out of the system, you need to re-register to take the module if you wish to continue with the course.
A fee of SGD$80 (excluding GST) will be charged by the SISV Academy if you re-register within less than 2 calendar months of the logged-out date and registration fee of SGD$120 (excluding GST) will be payable if re-registration is more than 2 calendar months of the logged-out date.
The Organiser reserves the right to alter the programme or cancel as may be necessary. In the event of any alteration or cancellation, participants will be duly notified.
2.00 to 4.00pm
15 Jan 24
19 Feb 24
18 Mar 24
15 Apr 24
13 May 24
17 June 24
22 Jan 24
26 Feb 24
25 Mar 24
22 Apr 24
20 May 24
24 June 24
29 Nov 23
17 Jan 23
21 Feb 24
20 Mar 24
17 Apr 24
15 May 24
19 June 24
6 Dec 23
24 Jan 24
28 Feb 24
27 Mar 24
24 Apr 24
22 May 24
26 June 24
19 Jan 24
23 Feb 24
22 Mar 24
19 Apr 24
17 May 24
21 June 24
26 Jan 24
1 Mar 24
29 Mar 24
26 Apr 24
24 May 24
28 June 24
Please take note:
Revision and Examination will only be conducted subject to a minimum class size of participants. If the minimum class size is not met, the revision and examination will be deferred to the following month.
You can book for the Revisions and Examinations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that booking a slot does not warrant confirmation.
Confirmation of the Revision and Examination will be emailed to you at least 4 days prior to the Revision date. The Zoom link for the Revision class will be sent out at least 3 working days before the Revision date.
Revision Notes will only be distributed 2 days before the class upon confirmation.
15 May 2020 12:00 AM - 30 June 2024 12:59 PM (UTC + 08:00)
This class consists of 3 modules namely:
- How to amend/update my Grant Application information?
- Where can I view my examination result(s)?
- Where can I view my e-Certificate?
- How do I print my Examination Results/e-Certificate?
- How do I save my Examination Results/e-Certificate?
- Why I'm not receiving email(s) for my 2FA login/Course Registration Confirmation/Grant Application Confirmation/etc?
1. How to amend/update my Grant Application information?
- After clicking View Application, you will get to see your Grant Application details. Edit the necessary.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Update to save any changes made.
2. Where can I view my examination result(s)?
- Access to your enrolled Certificate in Managing Agent Practice course.
- Click on View Results.
3. Where can I view my e-Certificate?
- Option A:
- Option B:
Access to your enrolled Certificate in Managing Agent Practice course.
4. How do I print my Examination Results/e-Certificate?
Print button/icon is found on bottom right of the page.
5. How do I save my Examination Results/e-Certificate?
- On Examination Results/e-Certificate page, click on Print button.
- Subjected to individual's PC's devices list, look for the option to Save/Print to PDF. See example below:
- Pick your choice and Print.
- You will be prompted to save the PDF.
6. Why I'm not receiving email(s) for my 2FA login/Course Registration Confirmation/Grant Application Confirmation/etc?
- Check your email's JUNK/SPAM folder.
- If you have difficulty locating the junk/spam folder, please identify if there is any collapsed folders in your email. Refer the following using Gmail as example:
For more help/info regarding course details:
(1) SISV Academy Ltd - DID: 6424 0273
(2) Association of Property And Facility Managers (APFM) - DID: 6424 0283
For more help on how to navigate around on eLearningHub.sg:
Go to elearningHub.sg - About Us